Florida International University
Associated General Contractors of America – Student Chapter at FIU
Month of March
Time 2:00pm to 3:30pm
Meeting started at 2:12pm
Emmanuel Okwor – Present
Eduardo Martinez – Present
Charlie Hall – Excused
Piero Casareto – Excused
Soledad Berbel – Excused
Tania Dillon – Excused
Aaron Duty – Absent
Jorge Munoz – Excused
Natalia Escobar – Excused
Gustavo Castro – Present
Natassicia Pemberton – Excused
Robert Smith – Excused
James Sotirescu – Excused (tardy)
Denis smith – Excused
Zamar Negron – Absent
Andres Saavedra – Absent
Last meeting minutes: Last meeting minutes was read Emmanuel Okwor and seconded by Gustavo Castro
President: Working on getting the new E-board members ready for the 2012/2013 term. I’m also working on the ACIC event.
Vice president: Solar decathlon and working with the president to coordinate the events.
Secretary: Position is currently vacant
Treasurer: working on filing for funds for marketing promos.
- New marketing strategies: For the remainder of the semester we are going to do a few jobsite visit (titan America, Odebretch, Moss and associates). Creating flyers and posting around campus. James and Robert will be tabling on Wednesday 11am-1pm.
- How to spend our funds wisely: We have $625. PENDING VOTES.
- Reimburse Piero for paying out of pocket: $15 (will change according to receipt)
- Polo shirts: $300 (E-board only: 15ea) www.fiupromos.com
- Giveaway shirts: $150 (25ea) www.fiupromos.com
- Food and snacks: $160 (for storage) Marcelo.
- E-board members’ exit/replacement strategy: No elections will be held for the upcoming term. This minutes meeting will supersede the bylaw and constitution.
- Faculty involvement with the chapter: We will be contacting more professors to help promote our club and activities.
- CSO representative: Bobby will be attending the upcoming CSO meeting and I will be filing for report.
- Our involvement in school politics or SGA (student government association): We will be helping the candidate run for SGA position.
- The ACIC event might be going to be cancelled or postponed: We might end up postponing the event to the end of summer. We are going to rework the planning strategies. We have to do more invitation to find out the best time to work with students and a head count.
ABC student chapter (status update): If they get the club started and running again then we would help them get together and collaborate on events.
Open discussion: No discussions
Meeting adjourned: 3:45pm