“It is only the first step that is difficult”. The thousandth step is said to be the best but to get to that step, you must have to defeat the obstacles and challenges on the way to that thousandth step. The steps principle could be applied to anything and almost every situation. For instance, if you’re a student, your thousandth step for school would be making friends, graduating, and getting a high paying job. For AGC FIU, our thousandth step is to be able to help as many students as we can to achieve their thousandth step. Our doors are always open to everyone that’s willing to do what it takes to get to that thousandth step. We know the first step is the hardest, so that’s why we are here, because as a team, we grow FASTER and STRONGER!!!
- We still have enough membership cards from the AGC nationwide chapter. If you are an active member and don’t have one, contact Emmanuel at email@example.com. PS: a membership card cost $25 but it is free for active students.
- Make sure to check out our blog and website for updates on the club events and activities; www.Agc.fiu.edu
- We still need people to sign up for E-board positions. Go to https://agc.fiu.edu/e-board/ to see a full list description of positions then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in.
- The deadline to submit your resume for the Career Expo is January 23, 2012 (PAY ATTENTION!!!!)
- We created a presentation board for the club last week. Visit https://agc.fiu.edu/greatness-in-the-making/ for the full image.
- We are looking for people to join our committees. We have a short list of our committees posted at https://agc.fiu.edu/e-board/. Some students mentioned to us that they would like to have a certain position but it is taken so we created internship spots. You could now apply for any position you like and work with the current person in the position if the position is filled.
- The club is constantly growing and to be able to accommodate everyone in the club, we are going to adjust a few things. You would hear some more about this adjustments at our next meeting.
- Solar Decathlon (SD) China 2013: January 25th from 2:00pm to 3:30pm at CM conference room. Seating is limited to 18 students, please RSVP email@example.com.
For more information https://agc.fiu.edu/monthly-event/
- Monthly event: January 25th from 6:00pm to 7:00pm at EC2300. We would have guests from Turner construction and KVC constructors. It would be a GREAT learning opportunity to network.
For more information https://agc.fiu.edu/sd-info-session/
- Engineering Expo: Friday, 2/24/2012 Lab tours and activities for 1,200 kindergarten – 12th graders POCStephanie.Strange@fiu.edu Invitation http://bit.ly/tSlmbJ
- Odebrecht Information Session regarding: The Odebrecht Award for Sustainable Development Thursday, 1/26/2012, 3:30pm-4:30pm, Engineering Center (EC) 1107 Flyer is attached. Here’s a link, as well: http://bit.ly/xgdBTI
- FBI Information Session & Presentation on “Computer Forensics” One of the presenters is an FIU alumnus Tuesday, 1/24/2012, 5pm-6:30pm, Engineering & Computer Science (ECS) 212 Flyer is attached. Here’s a link, as well:http://bit.ly/zlbfKz
FOLLOW US and ADD US
STAY TUNED, This is the 3rd week out of 16. Act now because time ~FLIES~!!!